Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
“Overberg MTB Events is excited to be hosting the Sky Villa Trans Plett MTB Classic, a mountain bike event in Plettenberg Bay at the magnificent Sky Villa Boutique Hotel from Friday 11 to Sunday 13 March 2022”, announced Anneke Jacobs, Overberg MTB Events race director.
“And we’re just as excited to be hosting the Sky Villa Trans Plett MTB Classic together with Anneke and Overberg MTB Events. This is an event that will bring our recently launched Sky Trails – a bio-diverse, eco-estate of specialist mountain bike trails – to the forefront of mountain biking trails and it will offer riders the experience of untamed and unspoiled trails and breathtaking views in a unique area of South Africa”, said Paul Duverge the Group General Manager of Raw Africa Boutique Collection (formerly Cape Summer Villas Boutique Collection).
Enhancing this two-day MTB stage event at the 5-star Sky Villa Boutique Hotel, a world-leading luxury destination on a hilltop overlooking the entire Plettenberg bay with breathtaking views of the ocean, the mountains and the lagoon will be the bespoke boutique-style weekend accommodation at one of the three, premier Raw Africa Boutique Collection’s properties in Plett.
Sky Villa Trans Plett MTB Classic entry options, fees and packages:
- Solo entry/solo occupancy: R8 100 includes a two-night stay in a double room at a Raw Africa Boutique Collection property (single occupancy), all meals included from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon and Event entry fee. Spouses or partners sharing accommodation (non-riders) will be charged an additional R1 000 for accommodation and R1 000 for a weekend meal package option. Additional extras are available on the entry portal
- Solo entry/shared accommodation: R5 850 includes a two-night stay in a twin room (two guests) at a Raw Africa Boutique Collection property (shared accommodation), all meals from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon at Sky Villa Boutique Hotel, Plett and the Event entry
- Solo Entry without meals and accommodation: R3 000
The all-inclusive Entry Package includes:
- accommodation at one of three premier Raw Africa Boutique Collection’s establishments – Sky Villa Boutique Hotel – luxurious 5-star award-winning hotel known for its cutting-edge design, lush indigenous gardens and warm hospitality; the stand-alone Villa One @ Sky (a hop away from Sky Villa) andThe Bungalow – a luxury 5-star Bed and Breakfast right on the water’s edge at Hobie Beach
- all meals from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon at Sky Villa Boutique Hotel
- all permits including Cairnbrogie, MTO Garden Route and Sanparks
- plus a bottle of complimentary wine, a goody bag, a pair of custom designed SOX footwear and an event buff
Reservations – on a strictly first come, first serve basis – are limited to this event.
The Route: for the first time since the inaugural opening of Sky Trails a brand new route with a variety of flowing, but punchy climbs and exhilarating descents has been designed for a marathon stage. The rewards of the custom-made flowing single tracks and stunning views over Keurboomstrand and Plett certainly make up for a tough day in the saddle.
- Saturday 12 March: Stage 1: the best of Plett: Cairnbrogie, MTO and Harkerville combo. Start time : 8.30am at Cairnbrogie Farm – on the Plett Airport Road in the ecologically sensitive 20km stretch of unspoiled coastline between Robberg Nature Reserve and Harkerville State Forest. Riders will experience beautiful forestry trails, magnificent sea views on cliff edges, the well-known Harkerville Red Route before returning to Cairnbrogie. The route is magnificent but challenging – a perfect balance of jeep and single-track routes that require a decent level of mountain bike skill and fitness and will keep riders enticed all the way – distance: 70km, 1 350m elevation.
- Sunday 13 March, Stage 2: Sky Villa – the Ultimate trail collection. Start time: 8.30am at Sky Villa Boutique Hotel. There is a long (50km and approximately 1 000m of climbing.) and short (30km with an elevation of approximately 750m) route distance option. To qualify for the podium the long route has to be completed and those who simply want to enjoy the extraordinary trails and ride within their own limits can opt for the short route.
Live Entertainment: Sky Villa Boutique Hotel will be featuring Shaza Greeff, DJ Ollie and South African singer-songwriter from Cape Town and 2021 winner of the SA Music Awards record of the year, Matthew Mole from 3pm to 7pm on Saturday, March 12.
This show is included in the entry package of the MTB riders staying at Sky Villa (riders not staying at Sky Villa can purchase tickets at R150 per person). Please contact Kim on 066 222 1243 or email@example.com for more information.
For more information or queries regarding the 2022 Sky Villa Trans Plett MTB Classic contact Anneke Jacobs – firstname.lastname@example.org
087 550 2967, email@example.com
Raw Africa Boutique Collection
Tel: +27 87 550 2967
*In keeping with protocols regarding the coronavirus Raw Africa Boutique Collection is monitoring the situation, following guidelines and adhering to stringent health and safety cleaning protocols; the safety and well-being of guests and staff at all its properties being of the highest priority.
Raw Africa Boutique Collection (formerly Cape Summer Boutique Collection) is a privately owned boutique collection of exclusive accommodations in the Western Cape along the Cape coast to Plettenberg Bay. Properties, well positioned within close proximity to popular tourist hotspots offer luxury amenities and cater to the discerning guest. All the properties within the group have been carefully selected to showcase their surroundings and feature tastefully decorated interiors, the finest linen and 5-star service.
These include: in Plettenberg Bay, flagship properties:
- These include: in Plettenberg Bay, flagship properties
- Sky Villa Boutique Hotel and Villa One @ Sky with breathtaking views over the ocean
- The Bungalow and the Bungalow Beach Villa right on Hobie Beach
- Spanish Farm Guest Lodge in Somerset West with views of False Bay and surrounding mountains
- 22 Eikehoff Apartment and The Den Apartments in the university town of Stellenbosch
- Pringle Bay Villa, on the beach in Pringle Bay
- Oubaai Villa situated in the Oubaai golf estate in close proximity to George airport
- and Plett Summer Villas, an arm of Raw Africa Boutique Collection (established in 2019 to assist luxury homeowners in managing and marketing their properties through the expertise of a corporate management team)
This post and content is sponsored and provided by Behind the Scenes Communications on behalf of Theresa Gibbon PR for Raw Africa Boutique Collection (formerly Cape Summer Villas Boutique Collection).