Teeing off at Newcastle Golf Club on Saturday morning, 28 May 2021— 116 golfers came together to support the Drakensberg Primary School Golf Day.
With athletes and hackers alike taking to the fairways, enjoying a great day with friends, the day served as a fundraiser, with monies gathered going towards revamping the Drakensberg Primary’s foundation phase playground. Additionally, with the pandemic placing immense pressure on the community, the event also focused on allowing Newcastillians to unwind and socialise.
Commenting on the event, Drakensberg Primary’s Principal, Pieter Hanekom, said, “We know things are currently difficult for people, but it feels as though my heart is pumping chocolate when looking at the community’s support.”
With the school looking at enhancing the foundation phase’s playground, Hanekom extends his heartfelt gratitude to the day’s sponsors, golfers and the community as a whole for their continued support.
Winners of the day are as follows:
- Two-ball Winner – Ronnie Acker
- Longest Drive Female Division Winner – Tanya van Niekerk
- Longest Drive Male Division Winner – PC de Heer
- Nearest to the Pin – Renier Terblanche
- Nearest to the Pin – Niel Swanepoel
- Wooden Spoon Winners – Zac Scholtz and Bennie Pretorius
- Raffle Winner – Leon Rothmann
Well done to Drakensberg Primary, all the event participants and Newcastle Golf Club on a great day.
Share your thoughts in the comment section below.