Bed and Breakfast establishment on Drakensberg Drive goes up in flames

Estimated reading time: 3 minutes

A fire erupted at a local bed and breakfast situated on Drakensberg Drive, Newcastle on Monday morning, 13 June 2022.

An employee of the establishment explained the fire began in the kitchen. “When we saw the flames, we threw water on it, but the flames just spread,” she claimed.

With the flames spreading rapidly, local firefighters were immediately contacted. Fortunately, members of the Deo Victoria Church, situated mere metres away from the bed and breakfast, saw the smoke. When they realised what was happening, they rushed over with hosepipes in an attempt to stop the inferno from spreading.

Luckily, firefighters were on the scene within minutes and were able to extinguish the flames. The business establishment sustained significant damage, with a portion of the roof caving in due to the fire damage.

Thankfully, no injuries were reported during the incident.

What are your thoughts on the above-mentioned? Share your views in the comment section below.

RELATED NEWS

One thought on “Bed and Breakfast establishment on Drakensberg Drive goes up in flames

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.